Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Week 5

"Behaviors of the poor are not the cause of their poverty, but a result of their poverty."

I believe this statement is in a way true. This is trying to say that the way poor people act is not because they are poor but because of what they had to endure through that time that leads them to behave in such ways.

While playing the game Spent, it was very hard to save money due to the amount of expenses there were trying to live a comfortable life. I ran out of money by day 15 and it was a terrible feeling. I feel for anyone going through this, it is not easy to hold down a job and live in a comfortable home while supporting a child.


2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said. I think the effect of being poor is what causes their actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great article you wrote because it is very true. When you played the game you had very similar responses as I did. I didn't realize how much things cost. I have a better understanding of poverty now

    ReplyDelete